cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied upgrade - Fraudlent Apparntly

Sarahs1986
Contributor
Contributor

No idea what is up with EE lately so not long ago i upgraded from android to iphone and had to swap my email over but for some reason i couldnt login to my email as google kept denying my account recovery so i could still access EE account i changed the email into my partners email address so i could still get emails from EE etc if needed.

I also changed the Direct debit into his name as im due to go on maternity leave soon and he will be paying my phone bill for the next 12 months

I finally managed to get access into my email so changed this back yesterday to my email all well and good.

I had to return the iphone as the battery had some fault with it but decided i was going to upgrade to s23 ultra instead, I received a message yesterday saying the upgrade had been reversed and i can now place a new upgrade if wanted.

I spent 1 hour on chat yesterday and placed the new order for s23 ultra they said they had abit of difficulty placing this order but managed to get it done, by 4pm i had no emails or messages to confirm this upgrade so i decided to make contact again to be told this had been reversed and i couldnt upgrade for 72 hours, as i returned htis on the 11th April was told to come back today to do it and it will go through, Came back today to be told basically they cant do it as there is a restriction on my account when i went back through to chat ive been told there has been some fraudlent behaviour on my account, what because ive returned a device and tried to upgrade it again ?????

Sort it out EE im slowly losing my patience now not one of you have a clue what you are doing, would be nice if someone decided to call me about this rather than me chasing it 

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sarahs1986 

There is no account access on these forums. 

If you take a minute to read what you have written can you not see what the issue might be. Tbh EE are right and I'm reasured they are actually doing something when suspicious activity is detected. Fraud costs are ultimately picked up by higher bills to consumers. 

I suggest rather than using chat you call EE and speak to someone. That way you can hopefully get the issue sorted. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.