cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract end half way through billing period

Tisiht
Visitor

My contract ended on 24th Nov however my billing date is from 8th Nov to 9th Dec. If my contract ended. On 24th why am I being billed £80+ for the full month.?? Tried speaking to customer service but they didn’t understand what I was trying to say and kept telling me to pay bill and go in credit.?? Why would I do that when now gone on sim only deal . Anyone help

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Cuz you're billed 1 month in advance on 9th Nov for the period 9th Nov to 8th Dec. When you cancel you'll get a final bill with a refund for the period 24th Nov to 8th Dec.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Also, your contract doesn't end unless you explicitly give disconnection notice or port-out - a contract is needed for you to have network service.

Your minimum term may have ended on Nov 24th but you've mentioned that you have changed your priceplan. So on the 8th December bill you'll receive pro-rata credits & debits reflecting a plan change mid-bill-cycle.