cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

Smithy68
Investigator
Investigator

Not getting any joy and hoping perhaps some members have had the same experience and can help. Contract due to end on 25 November , called in October and arranged a new contract, signed a e-contract at the time. Received a  standard text this morning advising my contract is ending, stated if I did nothing my monthly payment would be £49 a month , which is way higher than what was agreed in October or the usually alternatives , leave, SIM only deals etc. bit concerned I had received this text as I thought agreement was already in place, called customer service and was told she could see the contract/ interaction but was unable to view the details and basically wait and see what happens, she thought everything would be ok. I’ve  thought about it and I’m not really happy to just wait and see, gut tells me this is going to go wrong. Any one had an experience like this and can offer some advice? 

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's not impossible that the automated text just crossed with your specific changes.

Have you received any documentation or texts confirming your new plan?

Thanks for your reply. Other than signing the e-contract back in October I can’t seem to find anything. 
I just can’t believe that EE don’t have the technology to view a ‘new’ contract which they are telling me they can see but are unable to tell me what the details of it are. 
Looks like it’s a waiting game to see what amount is taken from my bank account at the end of the month. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

"arranged a new contract"? Didn't you do an upgrade? If not, it won't replace old contract & won't have same no.

Where did you sign an e-contract? Sounds like a store.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, you’re correct it was an upgrade, but I had to sign a new contract accepting the terms/ conditions etc, this was done electronically while I was on the phone to the call centre (e-contract)
After a couple of hours spent on webchats and another call into EE, happy to report this has been resolved. Apparently they HAVE the functionality to be able to view the details within a contract and confirmed  my initial question.