cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of EE free gifts

JML1970
Visitor

I am saddened by the amount of people caught out by EEs shop staff, conning customers. I am one of those customers. I have been with EE from the start. Originally orange. 

Always been happy. Until now. I got offered a FREE tablet. "I dont need one. But its free. Ok i can give it to a family member." Upgraded phone and took tablet. Signed a contract too. Apparently signed 2 contracts. I didnt realise the second was a contract for a second line attached to the tablet. Only reading something somewhere told me this was happening. Will EE help me as a loyal customer who has made a "mistake". Nope i signed a legally binding contract.

Buyers beware! Go spend your money elsewhere.  Disgusting behaviour. Sadly even the ombudsman are in their pockets, as they always side with the ones who have the contract. 

Do you think Martin Lewis will take this up? I will try him. Until then dont go with EE. They are con merchants. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JML1970  Did you go back to the store and say you got missed sold the tablet?  Customer services can not help with this as it was a store sale. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear of your experience, @JML1970.

If you haven't already, I would recommend going back into the store to discuss this.

Chris

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I've had the free tablet "offer" when on the phone and unless you were listening out for it, you may miss there's a "small monthly fee for data". I can only assume they are commission based sales which is why they do it. Not a good look.