cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create the perfect summer party playlist, with Apple Music on your phone

KittyCowell
Guest blogger

Apple Music Offer

Whether you are an Apple or Android pay monthly customer you can play music online or offline with EE and Apple Music as they have 6 months free (terms and conditions apply) - the perfect way to get you in the summer mood.

All you need to do is text the word MUSIC to 150. EE will then text you. Reply YES (with bill payer's permission) and they will send further instructions on how to download and enjoy Apple Music for free (Saving nearly £10 per month!)

Even if you already have Apple Music with EE, you can still do it. Simply text STREAM to 150.

2018-03-29 09.26.27 1.jpg

Creating the perfect playlist

The only problem with summer and music, is who gets the control over what's playing at parties! Do all your friends like different genres? Are you always fighting to get the vibe right with music when you are having a party? That's usually my problem as I have such a mixed group of friends. I'm pretty into my rock music but, I do like a mix of genres and that's why it can be really cool to create your own personal playlists.

They are super easy to do; each time you find a song you like you can just hit the three dots on the bottom right and press ' Add to Playlist.' At that point you either create a new playlist or add to one you have already started. I like to constantly add songs I like to different playlists so they are ready to go when it's party time.

You can then download the playlists too so regardless of if you have internet or not you can still listen to them. This is a life saver on the tube too, and just generally on the go when there's no signal.

To do this, all you have to do is press Library, then Playlists, hold down the playlist you want to download and a load of options will come up. The top one is Download, just press that and it will start to download.

I like to create playlists for parties with a mix of Rock Music, Pop Punk, Hip Hop, Dance and Indie... It keeps most people happy and it's easy to mix between as there are a lot of cross over songs and acts that fit between those genres like Indie bands with a Dance vibe or Hip Hop/Rock like Limp Bizkit and Linken Park – everyone loves a throwback!

2018-04-23 07.54.41 1.jpg

Let Apple choose

To make life even easier, Apple Music also have pre-made playlists. On the 'For You' page there's lots of recommendations based on what you have recently played and if you scroll down there's a daily playlist section. This has playlists based on different occasions like Running tunes, Party songs etc... Making life SO easy when you need something to listen to quickly. Like when everyone is fighting over the music in the car on the way to a festival. Or on holiday with mates getting ready to go out. Just let Apple choose!

Festival prep

Summer is also the time for festivals and I like to create playlists to get me in the mood. I like to memorise all the lyrics so I can sing along to my favourite bands like an uber fan!

That way also no one can argue in the car on the way to the festival if you have all the bands playing on a playlist. There's going to be something for everyone. Otherwise why are they going to the festival?

Finding new music

One of the other really awesome parts of Apple Music are the suggestions. Remember Myspace? Well I've felt so musically lost since it died... until I found Apple Music! The suggestions feature has helped me find SO many new artists, which is a helpful conversation starter at any summer party!

The only other way I find new music is in record stores, which is really fun, but not as convenient as having it on your phone. Let Apple Music be your new record store.

2018-04-23 07.54.38 1.jpg

Suggestions based on your taste

Who are your favourite bands? Search them and see what other acts Apple Music suggests, you could find your new favourite band! You will also be the cool kid who knows about all the new bands at your summer parties. A perfect way to get talking to that new hottie is to ask if they have heard a new album for example. Go get your summer love story guys! Then report back to us, OK?

Have you got a road trip or summer party planned? Let us know in the comments below and make yourself the most popular phone DJ around by starting some playlists today. Again, people always fancy the DJ's so...

Go try it for FREE for 6 months, I can’t believe it's 6 months! What are you waiting for?

1 Comment