Toniebox

Dmerison
Explorer

Hello,

I have been trying to setup my daughters new toniebox. It only connects using the 2.4ghz. I have the ee smart hub and have checked the settings and both 2.4 & 5ghz is up and running. For some reason the toniebox just doesn't want to pick up the connection. I have seperated the 2.4 and 5 and still nothing. I did notice however that the 2.4 doesn't have a channel like the 5 does. So I chose channel 11 and it didn't seem to like it. Wondering if anything else has had a similar issue? I have managed to set the toniebox up at my mums house just fine so I know its not the toniebox with the issue. It's almost like the 2.4 doesn't actually work.

Please advice, I've been pulling my hair out for the last couple of days! 

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Are you able to see the 2.4Ghz band from any other device?

Do you have the option to reduce 2.4 capability/speeds to wireless n?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dmerison : The 2.4 GHz band should have a channel no. Factory Reset the router & then separate the bands again.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX I have just done that, once through the router settings itself and nothing changed so pressed the button on the router and still no channel is being picked up. 

Hi @Dmerison ,

If you swap the two Tonieboxes around between locations, you should be able to positively identify where the issue lies.

Either the problem will follow the new Toniebox or your router.

You've speculated the issue may lie with your router, and this may be likely, but the evidence currently does not confirm the speculation.

The above recommendation to check your router with another device is a good one.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@mikeliukAs usuall rather than read the post and digest the content you jump on your own assumptions which do not bring any possible solution.

There is only one Tonie box, it won't set up at the OP's home but will at their mum's.

@Dmerisondid you hold the reset button in for at least 30 seconds? Are you sure the 2.5 Ghz band is turned on in the router?

Bethanny2760
Explorer

Hello, 

Did you resolve the problem? My little boy had had one for Christmas and I can't set it up at all but I've changed all the setting 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bethanny2760

Thanks for coming here. 

Which router do you have? 

Do you get an error message when connecting the device? 

Leanne.

Hello, 

I have a white smart hub.

When connecting to the Tonnies box I keep getting error message hedgehog.

Thanks 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bethanny2760

Please call us on 0800 079 8586 and the team can get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne 🙂