Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Router - light is still green but working ok

Miike47
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

I have just connected my new smart wifi router (the white one). The light is solid green when the instructions say it should be aqua. I've tried the factory reset button as suggested.

The broadband is however working OK - does it matter about the light being the wrong colour?

24 REPLIES 24
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Miike47

Welcome to the community.

Have you been given a 'go live' date yet?

Chris

Yes, I'm now live. The router is connected and working. I'm just confused about the colour of the light

Christopher_G

OK thanks, @Miike47

These are the instructions on our home broadband help page if the Smart Hub light is green: 

"Wait for at least three minutes for it turn aqua. If it stays green, turn your router off and on again. If the light still doesn’t turn aqua, use a paper clip to press your router’s factory reset button"

Chris

Hi @Miike47 , just wondering, did your router light turn aqua? 
I'm having someone come out to check the router as I've been having some issues and just wondering if it should have been aqua as it is solid green too.

Is yours the white smart router?

ValE67
Explorer

Mine is the same.  I have tried the reset but the light still stays green and not aqua even though I am connected OK

@ValE67 : Must be faulty!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G

Hi @ValE67

Welcome to the community.

I'd advise speaking to our Broadband Tech Gurus so that they can look into that for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Hi

Yes I had the same problem.

Eventually, on the basis that wifi was working fine and  watching the start up colours cycle through, I convinced my self that EE's aqua can look green - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqua_(color) !

In my opinion EE should have picked colours that are not so easy to confuse!

I have just installed a new WHITE WIFI router from EE and the instructions say look for an AQUA light....... mine is green and will not change BUT i am on the internet ok.

The lady at EE says the instructions are a “type o” in the book.

Fact is it blinks AQUA then goes Green but in the book this should not mean its connected just “getting connected”

anyway it appears to be working ok albeit with a solid green light.

cant believe its a type o but then what do i know.