cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speeds with good router

Katie282
Visitor

Hiya, i’m just wondering if anyone knows why the connection on my pc is so slow? i have a smart hub plus that supposedly guarantees 500mbps download speeds and when running speed tests on my phone i’m getting over 500mbps, but when running speed tests on my pc not only am i getting horrible latency but i am also getting horrible download and upload speeds. any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Run speedtests on both the phone & the PC here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)