cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Ee wifi discs per router

Mbull
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - I have a new ee smart hub router and am buying the ee wifi discs from eBay / Gumtree rather than paying the £10 per month (it says you can get up to 3 with this but I think that is just the maximum for that package). How many ee wifi discs can I add to the mesh network - I think it might be 6 or 8? I have 3 working well at the moment but have a large house. Many thanks, Mike.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mbull  you can purchase these outright from EE, they are £75 each see HERE 

it might be worth trying a 2nd hand one as there is no information I can find on how many you can use it’s just about EE will send you 3 if required. 

You will note that the page @Chris_B links states:

NOTE - You need to have an EE Smart Router for this product to function.

That's not the same as the Smart Hub.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mbull
Investigator
Investigator

Sorry - should make myself clear - I have the new ee router and already have 3 ee wifi discs set up with it and working well - got from eBay for approx £35 each. I just want to know what is the maximum number of we wifi discs I can connect into the mesh network - thanks

Mbull
Investigator
Investigator

Just to confirm that the number is at least 6 discs for the smart router (white one) and they work well in series. Very pleased.