cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

MariaMT
Explorer

Hi

In the last 3 or 4 days I can tell how many hours I have normal internet connection--- It keeps dropping down, searching, reconnecting. Flashing yellow for minutes, than 2 seconds green and again flashing yellow. Today just stays red. I think it is unacceptable service. I contact yesterday with the customer service, of course they did some magic, makes my router working for 2 long hours than reconnect again.

I left EE with my mobile contract (no signal almost all day), and I kept my number. They sent me a message from 150 wich I can not reply 😄 

I am looking for another broadband suppliers, because in the last year we have only problems with the connection, last time it takes 3 months to fix the problem, 4 different maintenence guy been there. The 4th one could fix the problem. 

Is there anyone who can actually do something?! I am tired from the promises.. If there is a bigger problem (because of the strong wind last week) why they don't send us an email, that we have a problem, but try to fix it? 4 days not enough to fix... 

Everything Everywhere??? Nothing Nowhere... 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MariaMT  its just called EE it hasn’t been call Everything Everywhere since 2012.  That’s enough of a history lesson. 
Even if you move BB provider the problem will probably still remain as it sounds like a line issue and that’s the same line as a different network provider will use.     You need to report to his back to customer services and explain that it keeps going down.  

I will call them tokorrow again.  It’s really frustrating when you don’t have a connection at all. I had a mobile phone contract as well for almost 4 years but I changed a few months ago.  I am really happy with the new contractor, everything is working fine. I think I have to find something which not with BT or whoever they are.

Thanks for the answer 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)