cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE Router no parental controls, settings not moved to new HUB

Captain4
Explorer

I have a new EE hub, when I attempt to go onto the Parental Controls its says that the settings were not moved from my old BT hub ???.

The security settings were done on the BT web page not via the hub.

Not really happy with this ??

It is alo unable to show any web protect settings.

???????????????

2 REPLIES 2
Captain4
Explorer

Since I was convinced by BT to transfer to EE I have been totally let down by the useless EE app. I have no controls whatsoever over the security settings on the EE router. For approx  four months I have talked to all levels of technical support, executive support etc. all nice people but they have no clue what’s happening. BT should’ve continued with their old web based system “IT WORKED !!!!”

I have no email controls at all. I was told by BT that everything would be the same. That has been totally wrong. I am paying for a service that is not being provided. I am on the verge of speaking to trading standards regarding this miss selling of a faulty product. 

please note I have been with BT for at least 20 years. Loyalty counts for nothing. 

Mick Day  

@Captain4 :  Re: No Wi-Fi controls on EE routet

What WiFi Controls? The EE SH+ has on its Advanced Wireless page various settings for things like SSID, WiFi pwd, WPAm, WiFi-n, just like most routers have.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)