cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 23 Smart hub can not connect to ee home app

Kjo73
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I swapped from BT to EE for braodband and landline last week, this was motivated entirely by the ability to turn my children's wifi on and off.  I also have two ee mobile contracts for myself and one daughter.

The smart hub came, (New black hub with EE logo on the front) when I scanned the QR code for set up it took my straight to my ee utilities app, no broadband account registered. So I followed the paper set up instructions.  I had been dreading the switch over as have had constant problems with BT wifi and my Sky mini Q box, but no, both my Sky boxes and 3 smart tv's did not need wifi re-installed, bizarre but fine. The wifi works brilliantly and everyone is happy.  However, trawling through ee to find out how to access wifi controls I see the QR code should have taken me to the EE Home app.

After downloading the app it could not link to the hub, I followed all the help steps, no joy.  After trawling this community I reinstalled the app.  Still no joy and yes the hub has been re-started several times, wiped off devices, reinstalled.  So I called EE.  After several attempts my account was found, my iphone 14 is up to date, no vpn installed, the app does not work on any of our apple devices, so they concluded it must be because they are apple devices and not android.  I pointed out this couldn't be possible or they would have had thousands of calls by now. I am now waiting for a call back but have 8 days left of my cooling off period before I am stuck with this for 24 months.

Any ideas gratefully received.

54 REPLIES 54
wgwright
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi 

I've recently received the new Smarthub from EE and have it working well with the My EE app (not the EE home app). I did go through a router reset first along with uninstalling and reinstalling the EE app. I then used the App to set up WiFi controls which asked me to scan the QR code from my router into the App to enable the router to be linked. After which all was good to go.

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I’m having issues with my WiFi controls as-well lol 😂 I have reset the hub, deleted the app and reinstalled it, still to no avail as of yet. 

@Kjo73 are you still expecting the same issues as me ? 

Eddy
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

On my Ee app I can’t even get manage up under broadband to set up the WiFi controls, it just says I’m not aloud to view mange right now… I’m under TMC at the moment as they are trying to find out what’s going on and why it won’t let me access parts of the app and the controls because all of the mobile stuff is fine… just the broadband side of things, all I can view is my bill lol 😂 

standard lol 😂 I may try and do the whole system a re install tomorrow and see how it goes haha 🤣🤣

Eddy

@Eddy2760 wrote:

it just says I’m not aloud to view mange right now… 🤣

Me too! 

When I 1st got my SH+ the Manage button had "NEW" against it & when clicked it came up with "Something went wrong!". Since the "NEW" was removed (about a week or 2 ago) it now says I'm not allowed to even view the Manage page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I just had a call off TMC, seems to be a good few issues of this type of problem ongoing, after a factory reset it has cleared it up for some people but I did the factory reset Sunday with TMC, waited the 24hrs and they called back today and updated the app but still saying the same… 

what device are you using? Also @Kjo73 @what device are you using? I’m using an iPhone 15 pro, I’m wondering if it’s the iPhone app issue, some other apps are seeming to have issues with them since moving to the 15, Asda scan n go app also been affected and Asda don’t know what’s going on as my old XS it worked perfectly fine even the day before changing to this one. 

Eddy
wgwright
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Eddy. I've got an iPhone 15 pro max and both the EE app and the Asda app are working fine.

Did you do your factory reset through the app or through the router admin link?

wgwright
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hiya

I'm using the EE app on an iPhone 15 pro max with no problems. Did have initial issues in linking the App to the router. Did a router reset (using 192.168. 1.254 to login) and also deleted and reinstalled the App. Everything then went fine.

Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I have reset it via: - 

1) the reset button on the back of the device, waited 24hrs… no change

2) through the hub manager http://192.168.1.254 and factory reset, waited 24hrs… no change

3) TMC while on the phone did a remote factory their end, waited 24hrs… no change

EE app: - 

1) signed out and back in… no change

2) delete app… re-download and sign back in… no change

3) delete app… reboot iPhone… re-download app, sign in… no change 

so waiting on TMC to look into things more now 🤷‍♂️

Eddy

We have tried it on iPhone 15, 14, iPad Air and standard iPad, all totally up to date on iOS and latest version of app on App Store. Still no go on any of them 🙄