Moving house

Paulapickle
Explorer

Hi, I was told when I signed up for a contract that I would be able to move house and there would be no charge for this. Just wanted to check that I won’t be charged an early cancellation fee on my contract for moving house. The terms and conditions aren’t that clear and say you can request to move you service but they don’t have to accept your request? If someone could please clarify what the situation is. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

The service is free. You won't have to pay a cancellation fee but you may have to start a new contract term.

See How do I arrange my move?

What EE BB plan do you have at the mo'?

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker > Address Checker estimate for your new addy? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your addy.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi thanks for that. I have read quite a few reviews which state that when people contacted EE to move house they have been told they would have to pay a cancellation fee on their existing contract but would then have the option of a new contract and would them get a month free. I’m nervous that I’m going to get shafted…