cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone happy with EE

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just drifted over from the BT forums as I have taken the plunge to take up the offer on the "Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle"

Made a couple of posts on this forum and getting warnings already from other users saying "Stay away" and "Don't bother"🙄

I know people visit these forums to sort out problems that states the obvious.

It goes without saying there must be EE users that are happy with their service.

I know people won't frequent this forum if they aren't having trouble but can anyone lift my spirits a little saying they joined the same 1.6GHz package and it's working perfect without issue.

A quick yes will suffice please or maybe a couple of lines saying how well it went.🙂 

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
36 REPLIES 36
garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The Smart Hub Plus connecting before a router with better specs won't work on a 1.6Gbps line, though, because the SHP only has gigabit ethernet ports, so the third party router wouldn't get access to the full line speed.

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Very true Gary.

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m another who. Moved from BT900 to EE 1.6gb service engineer called as planed on the 18th dec, fitted the new ONT and when the reconfigured the line i lost my connection still without my connection 18 days in, it been a pure nightmare that dont seem to end

FFTP Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb
johnels791
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I Upgraded last month from the 900mb package to the 1.6gb busiest homes. Changing didn't go as easy as planned, but got there in the end after a few weeks. 

First open reach appointment was missed as order was cancelled but the second order went through and open reach attended the following week. Changed ONT and was in and out in less than 5 minutes. 

The service itself, well so far I have had no issues other than the common problem using the EE app and wifi features that many are having issues with. Ive resorted to using my own Asus router until it's fixed, or maybe I won't. We will have to wait and see.

I get a call every two weeks from the TMC with an update Wifi controls, but it seems this issue is widespread that some users have had for months. 

Overall the new service is stable and working as it should. 

Previously EE 900Mb/110Mb
Asus Axe11000 Zenwifi Pro Et12
timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

WOW that's very positive.

@Bluenose_Dave have you read this.😲

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

How long did it take to sort it for you been without a connection since dec 18th

FFTP Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb

You don't have to abandon Digital Voice. I plugged my phone into the EE Smarthub Plus and set up DV to divert to my mobile (permanently). Then I removed the Smarthub and reverted to using my own roiuter. As others have said, the problem is the EE Smarthub and the EE apps, which are pretty useless and clearly under-developed. The (Openreach) service works fine. The problem is EE! They have rushed into setting it up (the transfer from BT to EE)  without testing and developing the hardware or software properly.

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@johnels791 

Hi mate, Seems you have a 1.6Gb connection that is actually working which is far from what most of us are getting.

Openreach came to my premises and the engineer was great and couldn't help more BUT!!!!!

We could not achieve anymore than 1300mbps (that was the best we did) on the day he fitted the 2.5Gb ONT

Openreach re-built my line (whatever that means) and did a light test which was 21 which they said was very good and I 100% can reach 1.8Gb if needed.

The fault after much work and many phone calls to HQ laid with EE and their network.

BTW: I installed the EE supplied router last night seeking any further knowledge it might just be my third party Ausu GT-AXE11000 router..... But the EE router was giving my the same speeds, Around 700 - 800 mbps on all speedtest sites.

I have reported back to EE once more and one of their technical is coming to my house on Saturday morning.

@johnels791 

Question 1: May I ask is your connection still holding up at 1.6Gb 

Question 2: Does it ever drop to below 1Gb at busy times or stay good all the time.

johnels791
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@timprocter 

I must say that so far it's been stable and very reliable with only 3 disconnections reported by samknows since my install date.

My samknows whitebox only has a gigabit port so monitoring is limited, but I am in contact regarding trialing their new white box with a. 2.5g port. 

Still above 1600Mbps this morning and I'm getting around  1100Mbps over wifi 6 on my iPhone, and Ii have not seen any drops even at peak times when I run tests. 

Could it be that my cabinet and exchange is less congested, walking around my streets I'm seeing more fibre boxes on the outside of houses, but perhaps not as many as the cities or is this just a EE issue? 

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 07.20.51.png

As mentioned Samknows measures speeds but is limited to the gigabit port and with overheads has not seen any major dips over the last week. Hopefully I can get a new box and be able to monitor the connection more accurately. 

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 07.55.49.png

Previously EE 900Mb/110Mb
Asus Axe11000 Zenwifi Pro Et12
timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@johnels791 

Thank you for that info. Really appreciate it.🙂