cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have recently left EE Broadband and have been sent a final bill but no details

Keith6889
Investigator
Investigator

8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Keith6889  did you leave before the end of your contract?

Is it a credit?

As there is no account access on here you would be better giving the broadband care team a call.

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Keith6889 You do pay for the broadband a month in advance, so if the timings are good, there may be nothing to pay and nothing to be returned, but surprised that the final bill has no details on it? Very unusual way to do business. Make sure if paying by DD not to close, but keep an eye on it in case payments are taken.... Then close when you are sure. 

I have allready closed my bank DD as started my new supply two days after last payment and told EE, sent my EE equiment back to them in bag supplied, can't get on my account as they keep saying password is not valid.  Not going to pay unless I get a detailed bill. Will phone them in the week.

@Keith6889 : Closing DD when final bill not settled can only lead to trouble on top of possibly missing a credit due.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Keith6889 That maybe the issue then, when DD is closed, EE are obliged to inform you that there is no method of payment arranged and possibly remove the service but as you say you have changed anyway, but they now cannot refund any payment due to you because you closed the DD. My example moved from SKY 10th March, but not due my refund until 5th May from sky. It all takes time. You may have got an automated e-mail but should check with CS if possible even for just peace of mind. Also keep your postage proof as you may need it should they say the items were not returned.

I have the receipt
If I had not closed it they would have taken another months payment around
£44.
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Keith6889 I understand fully your point, they take but they do give back and it is not always in the customers favour. You read my sky change above.... So until all the gear is back, EE do there ok now lets sort it all out, no rush on there part, then they work out the final bill, they may have taken your £44, but you would have got back £44 + say £30 for time not used and credit back as you do pay 1 month up front at the start, if you remember they got your money as soon as the broadband started same as your new ISP did, this second one is the problem now with no DD to put it back.... It's a problem now, they close the account, you cannot see if you owe or if they credit you and CS may not even want to talk to you anymore.