cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted Network Email Notification Issue

Holly545
Investigator
Investigator

I am having a recurring issue whereby I log into a hosted network for work, this works seamlessly apart from when I receive an email to my outlook account (on hosted). When the notification pops up, everything freezes on the hosted network and then I usually lose connection to the hosted network for a minute or so. If I close outlook I do not experience these issues.

I have tried to ask hosted desktop for help however they have said it is my internet provider. Is there anything anyone more IT savvy than myself can do to point me in the right direction to resolve? The issue means I can't work from home which is highly frustrating. Any help most appreciated 

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How do you log into a hosted network? Do you mean you're using a VPN to get to their Intranet?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Holly545
Investigator
Investigator
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Hi thanks for your reply. Its provided by hosted desktop UK - I believe it's a remote desktop rather than a VPN

Are your email servers on the firm's hosted network?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Yes they are

Sent from Outlook for Android<>

I don't suppose you had any further thoughts on this?  I am at my wits end and don't seem to be able to get EE to help me!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Holly545 

Have you spoken to our technical support team and your IT Support team through work?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes the hosted desktop uk have said it is an internet issue - I think this seems a bit odd but all EE support team have been able to do is run tests etc.  Is there someone in particular I can contact who would have the IT knowledge to be able to assist with such a specific problem?

Thanks,

Holly

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Our technical support team would be able to check that everything is set up as it should be from our side, @Holly545.

Are Hosted Desktop UK able to tell you what exactly the internet issue is?

Chris

BikerChick5
Visitor

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. Did you ever get any help? I contacted Work Help Desk and they are telling me it is my provider also. I can connect from my home network fine but if I try to use the remote device with the same provider I can't access OUTLOOK only. I  see there are multiple articles about Zscaler (which is where my issue is I believe) but yeah, sounds similar to your issue so was wondering if you got anywhere? 

Thanks