cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Home App (iPhone) not working

Hydekk
Investigator
Investigator

Got my broadband connected today and although the router is working fine, the EE Home app will not connect to the router at all. Not allowing scanning or “manual” connection, just comes back with an error message. I’ve restarted the router and uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no change. Am I missing something?

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hydekk : Which router?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It’s an EE Smart Hub 

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Unfortunately not - it’s the first time I’ve ever tried using the app as it’s the first time I have EE Broadband. So there’s been no update to affect the functionality of the app. Thanks anyway!

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Hydekk   There is a bit more to the Help page than the title.

There are settings on your iPhone that may need tweaking.

Every device that communicates using wi-fi has a MAC (media access control) address. This is a unique number that allows devices to identify each other on a wi-fi network.

Apple and Google have added a new feature to iOS 14 and Android 10 which generates a new MAC address for the device when it connects to a wi-fi network, including your home network.

This randomisation happens automatically, and you cannot opt-in or out. It might cause some issues in the EE Home app.

Hi, 

So I’m running iOS 15.6 and did click “Allow” when prompted for permission. I’m not sure where I could check/change the MAC address so that the two devices can communicate - can you advise?

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You may be better using the old-fashioned way, and just log into the router via a browser.

But if it is all working, is there anything you need from it?

Although I use my own router, so the app does not work, I was never a fan when I di briefly use the Smart Hub.