Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Voice issues

JonnyManc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Recently migrated from another isp for my fttp 500mb with digital Voice.

Fttp is working great, but having issues with maintaining digital Voice.

After a couple of weeks faffing, I got it sorted (registering phone etc) at it was ok, but this week callers can't hear me, nor can I hear them.... The phone rings and there is a dial tone.....

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Roger84. Fault had not re-occurred since changing router (i.e. about one month ago)- until today at around 11:30 am!!

So frustrating and it makes the landline useless!  

Come on EE - for goodness sake fix this issue!!  It's not a nice to have!

PH36
Investigator
Investigator

Some progress!    Update on my last message...

Investigation at EE end today showed my router had no errors.  However, the EE helpline told me that  that the 2.4GHz and 5Hz WiFi channels had been turned off somehow.  (I hadn't turned them off! ) When EE turned them on, my phone immediately started working properly again without a router reset!  

I believe you can check the channel status on the EE hub manager - and turn it on there if it is shown as being disabled.   (Open Hub Manager by typing 192.168.1.254 in the browser address bar.)

You can try that as a fix instead of a reset - although the router did show orange for about a minute while the channels were enabling.  (I suspect a reset has the effect of turning on the channels which is why that works)

EE said they could not escalate further internally as to why my channels had got disabled because the problem was now fixed and there was no error code to escalate the issue with!!  So basically - it seems their processes can only resolve known problems - not new ones!!  Very curious.

Would be interested to hear if this fixes anyone else's issues and I will let you know if my channels mysteriously get disabled again.

PH36
Investigator
Investigator

Update - my landline is still working with no problems after my post about my last fix

PH36
Investigator
Investigator

Problem has reoccurred.  Investigated on hub manager and saw 2.4GHz and 5Hz WiFi channels were enabled.

So did a router reset from the hub manager and it fixed the problem.

When are EE going to fix this issue????

Mine keeps dropping... Every few weeks!

Ee did a check, and said everything was fine.... Unsure what's next!

Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JonnyManc and @JonnyManc,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with Digtial Voice dropping. With the issue being intermitant it can be very difficult to pin point whats causing it. Wuth what you have said it sounds like its an issue with either the hub itself of the handset. How many phones do you have connected to the hub and does the problem occur on all of them? If you send me your details, I can run a few checks.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  

Thanks,

Paddy

This problem occurred with a brand new ee hub and a replacement hub that was sent out as a replacement a month later.  It also occurs with brand new ee handsets as well as my old bt handsets.  It happens when a single handset is connected via wifi.  If you have four handsets connected, it happens on all of them together.

StevenB74
Investigator
Investigator

We have exactly the same issue every 3 days have to restart the router. It’s absolutely rubbish anyone got this permanently fixed yet? 

No.  Changing the router seemed to change the frequency of the problem for me from every three days to once a month or so.  EE will do this on request.  

EE didn't  have a known issue number to cover this as it get fixed with a reset and support told me there is no mechanism to raise as an issue on EE's systems once a problem is fixed!   That being the case I imagine it will not be solved in the near term. 😞

When I sent my old (three month old)  router back, they sent me a message to say it was being recycled - rather than send it to an engineer.

StevenB74
Investigator
Investigator

We have the same problem! We were with BT and had no issues then we were told we had to move to EE and had a new ee router etc supplied and then digital voice fails on a weekly basis. Had a 2nd replacement router supplied, new handsets supplied still the same - works for  a few days then nobody can hear you or them.

Lost my will to live now on this, tomorrow (on my mobile) - I will be escalating. Enough is enough!