cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Link Broadband to my Mobile account

GTU
Investigator
Investigator

Almost a month ago, I decided to move from BT broadband to EE (alongside existing my EE mobile account) but have tried multiple times to link the new BB account to mobile on the MyEE App and online but keep getting the same message - to ring EE to do it! Have tried them several times, had account details confirmed by EE customer services and been told by them that their tech guys will do it, but still cannot access BB account - and my first payment has just been taken today for a bill that I cannot even see! I see there have been a number of EE Community entries outlining the same issue with no apparent solution. Does anyone know how to get this (what should be a simple task to such a big tech outfit) done?  

5 REPLIES 5
Russ5
Investigator
Investigator

I am having exactly the same issue. Paying a lot of money for a second rate service. I wish I had never moved my broadband to EE. 

I get told they are working on it but looking at the forum they have been working on it for years. I would suggest they sack their software provider and find someone new. 

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m the same, can access my mobile account but not TV, Broadband or home phone.

Did you ever get it sorted or make any progress?

GTU
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Russ5 and Derang. I have in the past two weeks gotten a little further but with no solution yet:- after undertaking an online chat to ask again for help, a useful EE contact said they understood what was going on and asked  if I would like to raise a complaint about the issue and I said yes and received an email and text with the complaint number. A week later (Sunday just gone) I rang 150 and the guy I spoke to said instantly that not linking accounts was a major known problem that (he said) was in the hands of a technical support team and was expected to be resolved for everyone affected by sometime mid-March! He agreed to have my two bills so far and future bills sent to me by post (I've only got 1 so far!), but that he expected by my next one (late March) the problem would be sorted and that I'd be online ok (😂).

I continue to live in hope that this will be the case although last night I received an email from EE saying "We are very sorry to see you go. Your feedback can help us to improve our products and services for others. The survey should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete". I've got no idea why I've got this because I haven't done anything about leaving, but I hope that it's some sort of automated response associated with them fiddling about with my account to get it linked.

I am retired from managing part of a major IT application live support organisation that dealt with and resolved issues like this all the time. My customers would be swinging a very large axe if my crews allowed problems like this to go on as long as they have!!

So, a little progress which I hope will lead to resolution, although like you Russ5, I wish I'd gone elsewhere (something I will no doubt ponder when my contract is up).

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for the update, hope you get it sorted soon.

I’ll update here if there’s any progress with mine.

GTU
Investigator
Investigator

This morning, I received a text from EE with the following :- 

"We have been given an estimated date for the completion of the issue regarding merger of accounts as the 10/04/24. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We will be back in contact after this date. Thankyou for your patience. Thanks".

Hopefully this will be sorted then.🤞