cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation due to poor service

lenny01
Explorer

This is not a ranting post against EE. I have had EE phones for years, and even transferred all my business phones to EE. For mobiles, nobody can touch EE.

Unfortunately, my experience with home broadband has been woeful. I moved house to a quite rural location in July. I chose EE as our provider, based on them offering the highest speeds of all the suppliers (Sky, BT, Plusnet plus some others). I specifically asked the person I was placing the order with if the speeds were accurate as all of the suppliers use the Openreach network so would expect similar speeds - I was told "if that's what it says then yes - you can cancel if you don't get it." I bought the full fibre setup with the extra disc and the mini 4G wifi box.

When it works properly - it's great. But it is SO inconsistent. Constantly dropping speeds, upload speeds in particular are terrible most of the time. Most of our entertainment is through streaming where you may be able to get a Netflix show from start to finish if you are lucky, you can forget about two people streaming at a time. Working from home is becoming a nightmare due to video conferencing often being interrupted. The disc we have paid for just constantly keeps flashing from blue to red so is only useful as a frisbee, and the 4G mini box has no signal in my area so is equally as useless.

We have had engineers, Openreach out, colleagues on the phone changing router settings etc (all of whom I may add have been lovely and tried their best to help), but I am now at the end of my tether. I want out. We cannot put up with another 18 months of this. Having spoken to a couple of other people in the village with EE, they also struggle with service, hence why not many people in the village have EE (should have spoken to them first, eh?).

How easy is it to get out of a contract? I have never done it before, and like I said, this is not an anti-EE rant but it's just not working for us.

Apologies for the long post, and thank you to anybody that can help.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lenny01  when you took this out within the first 10-12  days I believe you will receive an email which states you’ve got a guaranteed speed of X amount if that is not achieved then you just need to call customer services and tell them they are not achieving what this amount is and is constantly giving you problems and you want to terminate the contract as per their agreement with you for lack of service,  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. 

1. What are all EE's estimated speeds (all of them) which you'll find in your MyEE for BB under Your broadband speed?

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

@lenny01 wrote:

upload speeds in particular are terrible most of the time. Most of our entertainment is through streaming where you may be able to get a Netflix show from start to finish if you are lucky.

Streaming is downloading, not uploading. Are you streaming over Ethernet cable? You won't get anywhere near the promised speeds over WiFi.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)