cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband wifi speed

BarryWalsh
Visitor

I have just signed up for 300mbps, stay fast gte 150mbps. Trouble is the speed I get fluctuates wildly when I test it from about 30 to 200mbps. When Openreach come out they get 300mbps on their super mobiles and say it's my slow old laptop. Problem is I also get these results on my Samsung A53 mobile anything from 40 to 210mbps. Nobody can tell me why. The new modem is even worse. They also tell you to plug it into port 1 when it needs to be port 2. Anyone else got this problem? Don't know what to do. Barry.

2 REPLIES 2
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BarryWalsh, older devices may not have wifi 6 technology to avail of the best wifi speeds. The Samsung A53 has wifi 5 so that would be limiting the speeds.

Thanks

Neil

@BarryWalsh  Even with wifi 5 you should easily get 300mps   With wifi5 you can hit 1Gbps under ideal conditions.   Have you tried just restarting all devices?  Switch them off for around 30+ seconds before restarting them.   Speeds can fluctuate depending on how many devices are connected and what’s actually its being used for at that time on those devices.