cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade

mrsbrommers
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my broadband and see that the deal is "without land-line" does this mean that when the upgrade is activates my land-line dies or is it then reverted back to the original provider which was bt. Sorry for the stupid question as I didn't want to take up the package and then have to pay extra for a land-line from a different provider. We rarely (if ever) use the land-line so if we had to pay extra for rental of one it seems an unnecessary expense

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @mrsbrommers 

No the line does not revert to anyone, it will remain physically, but the voice or phone part will no longer work, and you are left with just broadband.

HTH.

Excellent, that's what I hoped, thank you

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  • If you're upgrading to Full Fibre, there is no landline anyway.
  • If you're upgrading to another Fibre package, the landline is still present to carry the BB but you lose its no. & there is no dial-tone. You save £2 by not having landline. It should really be called "Fibre Without Landline Number".
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes I realised when looking at it it stated no land-line, it's a cheaper deal than what I'm on at the moment so didn't want to opt for that then get an extra charge for my land-line from bt, I don't need my land-line but didn't know if it reverted automatically to bt when it's shut by ee on my new package

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got the answers you needed from the community @mrsbrommers

Let us know if you need any further help 🙂

Leanne.