cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

WeakseApple and Ee

RV8
Visitor

Weak security on Apple on devices just signed up to EE ,and there take on weak security,is Apple are been finiky  they sent bright box one that's it,sales gave the impression it would be a modern box,Futher advice buy your own router, or use non Apple device,they sell Apple devices .and her final piece of advice Boris will sort it ,wow EE not to good ,dishonest,like Boris ..no 5g no latest security , yep and now they are sending me a message to upgrade my Iiphone,but they just told use an alternative devise utter rubbish,thanks EE ,or BT 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RV8 :

1. You must have standard ADSL BB from EE. The Brightbox 1 is the most modern router EE supply for ADSL BB.
  2. Apple is being unnecessarily finicky.. For a BrightBox 1 set:
    Security

WPA
    WPA Mode
    WPA2

Cipher Suite
    AES

for the 2.4 band under SSID Management . That should satisfy Apple.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RV8   It’s iOS 14 is informing you of the router security as there is now something higher.  If you didn’t upgrade to iOS 14 or use iOS 14 you wouldn’t even know about it.    

you only get 5G if your on a 5G contract and live in a area that has 5G.  The device might support it but that doesn’t mean you’ll get it because of that.  

The router has a modem in it or it wouldn’t work and EE don’t advertise it as a standalone modem device it’s a router and sold as such. 

all iOS security updates come via Apple EE.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RV8 :

1. You must have standard ADSL BB from EE. The Brightbox 1 is the most modern router EE supply for ADSL BB.
  2. Apple is being unnecessarily finicky.. For a BrightBox 1 set:
    Security

WPA
    WPA Mode
    WPA2

Cipher Suite
    AES

for the 2.4 band under SSID Management . That should satisfy Apple.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)