cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade costs

Robsooty
Investigator
Investigator

Been with EE now for many years and have always got a good deal on my upgrades. This time round I'm finding EE very expensive and not made to feel like a loyal customer. So much so that I've requested my PAC code. Deal I want with EE is samsung s21 ultra 256gb phone. The package I want with it EE want over £70 a month. Vodafone can do same deal but more data for just over £50 a month and o2 do it for £45 a month. How do you expect to keep customers when you treat us like this.  

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Robsooty  I take it the Vodaphone one is one of those 36 months phone plans but with a 24 month air time contract.     You are paying the phone off over 36 months.   

and as you can see with 02 you must be paying hundreds upfront to get the tariff that low and that’s over 36 months also.  I gave up when the upfront cost hit £400 as it still wasn’t below £50.    

4CC4911C-7AB9-414E-B81E-EAA59EECF3A0.png

EE price is for 24 months not 36 months so obviously it will seem more costly but you’ll probably find it works out cheaper over the term of the contract length. 

and to see how much the upfront cost is with only 2 Gb of data it’s this.  And that’s still a 36 month contract.  

84D65334-5FD0-41AC-952B-5B694D39CA6C.png

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Robsooty

Have you had a chat with our upgrades team? They'll do their best to find you a deal that you're happy with.

Chris

Yes last week. Not very helpful at all. How do I get my PAC code please. Got a good deal with sky mobile so going to them. Thanks

Sorry it sky mobile. Yes it's 36 months but can still upgrade for free after 24 months. 

Screenshot_20211106-110937_Chrome.jpg

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, I'm sorry to hear that, @Robsooty.

Have a look at our how to get a PAC code article, you should get all of the information you need from there.

Hopefully you'll be back as a customer with us in future.

Chris

I doubt it. If you can't look after loyal customers I won't be back. Thanks for your quick responses.