cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim Only Upgrade Madness

MarkHampson
Explorer

Hi everyone - yesterday I looked at upgrading my sim only account to 5G unlimited (offered as an upgrade at £28 per month. At time of looking at this I had logged onto the web site using my iPhone X. Today I’ve logged back on using an iPhone 12 and the same option to upgrade is now presented as £35 for the same deal. I’m stunned. Any ideas? I’m thinking of changing network provider as I can’t see anyway this is coincidence and feel a little bit cheated by it.  I’m stunned. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @MarkHampson ,

Do you see a better price at the below link? I'm also interested in that plan but won't be eligible for some months. I think it's gone up to £29/mth. Good luck! 🤓

I would recommend contacting the service provider directly by online chat or call to ask for a slight improvement armed with pricing from uswitch as I was offered 12% off an additional line without asking so further discounts are available.

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade/sim-only/upg-pay-monthly-phones

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks @mikeliuk  I’ll give that a try - yes it was via that link when logged on. I’ve been eligible for an upgrade since 2017 but have simply carried in gradually paying over the odds for my current deal (my own fault mind!)

I'm not sure who mike is referring to as "the service provider", but offers do change from time-to-time.

The best value will always be on plans with a longer minimum term, so SIM-only plans come in 24 & 12month variants along with 30-day "no minimum term" offers.

@bristolian : It's the service provider who was previously known as "the service provider who shall not be named" 😉!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)