cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Keeping old EE number (contract finished) for new EE contract (not an upgrade)

grasshopper2
Investigator
Investigator

What's the process for keeping your existing number from an old EE contract (which is now finished, it was a 12 month SIM plan) to use on a new EE contract ? To be clear, this is not an upgrade - the deal I want is thru a third party, EE do not offer the same deal. But the contract will be with EE.   

I understand I will get a new SIM with the new phone but I want to keep my old number. How can I keep my old number in this case?  

13 REPLIES 13

In the last 24 hours

@spaldo wrote:

I am in the process of going through this convoluted process. After requesting the PAC code from EE, I am now on a PAYG with Tesco Mobile. But Tesco won't give me a PAC code until I have some activity on the number. And to do that I have to pay for £10 of credit (the minimum they offer) with Tesco? 

Surely this is not the case?!

Regardless of the reasons for undertaking this double-port, these are questions you would need to direct at Tesco Mobile. EE cannot advise or answer for what another provider is telling you.

From a quick cursory read of https://www.tescomobile.com/help-and-support/manage-your-account/leaving-tesco-mobile I can't see any reference to this, but it's still not something EE can assist you with.

It doesn't sound genuine, and I would certainly be minded to callback to speak to a different agent - see if you get the same advice. If it's genuine policy, I'd expect a text-based request to be responded to with a text message saying the same.

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@spaldo normally you can get a new PAC code the day after the port completed.

Thanks. yes, it worked today. I'd been given dud advice 🙂