cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

5GEE Outdoor Hub installation

VirtueNetwork
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a 5GEE outdoor hub for my new office and I was wondering if EE can assist with the installation of it? Is this available through EE?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Call 0800 079 0131 & ask.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

When you say an Outdoor Hub, do you mean an  5G/LTE Router for inside and your looking at Installing External Aerials for it or do you mean an Actual Mast Mountable 5G/LTE Outdoor Router that normally runs with POE Power Supply if it's the later they normally require a second indoor Router for the WiFi side of things, if it's an Outdoor 5G Huawei they can be quiet trickery to get right as they use Multi Selection Antennas within the Router itself.

This is what I have purchased.

outdoor hub

Thanks for any assistance in advance

Well, that does say:

An antenna will be set up outside your office/home/warehouse to pick up EE’s 5G signal. This will be transferred through a lead to the indoor router, which sends the 5G signal to your devices.

which implies EE Business or their agents will be setting it all up.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
clarksn
Explorer

I've just got the same and run into an issue in that I can't log in to the hub and depending on device I use get either a timeout or a 403 forbidden.

I did what I assume is a factory reset on it and no change to my ability to log in although the disappointing throughput of a few mbits in my initial tests has rocketed up to a much more respectable 40-50Mbits (I'm in a 4G area), even on a 3/4 signal (as reported on the antenna lights)

I've bought it through the business and was warned there would be a delivery delay of a week or two (which there was) and it has only just arrived today.

In searching for online help I noticed that it appears to have been removed from the EE Business sales pages (including the link you have given in answer to one of the other responders to your post), so I'm wondering if they have issues with it.

I'm a seasoned IT professional so I can probably help on getting you as far as I've got, but if your issue is you can't log into it then I'm stuck there too.

Further to my earlier post, another full factory reset and I can now log into the hub, so may be able to help if you still have issues (I appreciate your post was a month ago!)