by robdn Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Got new Apple Watch - LTE doesn't work !

CS did not accept this was a new issue, o in relation to codes 007 or 012 - zero advise given. I guess no one will look into it until someone officially confirms that the first issue with the button being disabled is now resolved.

by D413 Investigator
Investigator

I’m not sure what the hell EE think they are doing! But I’ve just got off the phone with Three and they have informed me that they are going to support the Apple Watch Series 3 and what’s even better is that they aren’t going to charge to add it to an existing phone contract (even a Sim-only one!). Think I may leave EE and go back to Three. They were always good when I was with them before I jumped ship to EE. I only moved to EE because of a decent deal. This whole Apple Watch fiasco has seriously narked me and soured me on EE!

by bazooka-joe Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I would be careful about that i Three told me that they wopuldnt be supporting the Apple watch in the foreseen future.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Seems they have changed their mind from two days ago then...

Does Three plan to sell Apple Watch 3 plans?

No. A Three spokesperson confirmed that EE is correct in its assertion (discussed below) that it's the only UK network that has the necessary network tech to support the watch, and that "Three currently has no plans to stock the Apple Watch Series 3, cellular or Wi-Fi, because of that reason."

by simon_ee Contributor
Contributor

I’ve just moved from Three too onto sim only for the watch and initially setting things up seemed to be working fine - it was showing the expected screens to choose the 30day rolling contract with 6 month’s free unlimited follows by £5 for 10GB and advised me it should be working in about 30 mins, but that was about 6 hours ago! Now when I check the mobile data section of the Watch app it has an entry for the EE plan but just says it is not in use and the only option available is to remove it. The setup data option still shows at the top of the screen but clicking on that just gives the same errors that others are seeing (012 at the moment).

Weirdly when I check “my EE” the watch data plan is showing up on my account but with a different number and as an unknown device. Isn’t it supposed to be the same number?

by
EE Employee

Hi @robdn

Which button are you seeing as disabled?

Many thanks,

Lee

by bazooka-joe Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I cant believe that both Apple and EE didnt conduct user acceptance testing before releasing a mainstream product.  Surely it is up to Apple as the supplier of the hardware and EE as the supplier of the carrier service to test LTE connectivitly and jointly sign off as fit for purpose.  

I switched to EE specifically for lte connectivity and my £1350 ceramic watch arrives on Monday.  If this service isnt working by then, I am gonna be p**sed and will raise merry hell at my local EE store followed by an email to both CEO's.   This is not acceptable at all.

Established Contributor

@Lee_H

Which button are you seeing as disabled?

Not any more.

I used to see:

This account is not ready to use with Apple Watch. Contact your carrier for more information.

And while it was there, "Set Up Mobile Data" button was disabled. 

This is no more, but thisw as the problem I have reported and this is now resolved, albeit not officially.

I now see either 012 or 007. My assumption is that 007 has nothing to do with the original issue, and 012 is probably due to overload of MyEE. Who knows though. There seems to be zero actual updates from EE.

by redporti Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

• I have managed to go through the whole process of getting data but that was 5 hours ago and still showing EE in the data page but says “ not in use “. When I went into my EE account it doesn’t show up any where. Should be on my add ons page or where? So how long will it take for it to start working? 
Established Contributor

Generally, from one to benefit from being the rollout partner, the partner has to be ready. If the partner aren't ready, they get this sort of crap publicity.

by jmlondon Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Warning: EE Small Business Customers & Apple Watch mobile data - not pos

So I discovered this 012 error the same way 😞

However, I had my business plan changed to a SIM-only consumer one (12M SIM Max 22GB £26) and I am still facing the exact same problem.

Any ideas?

Established Contributor

by firewire71
Explorer

I just got my Apple Watch directly from Apple and getting the dreaded code 012. I am on a SIM Only 20GB for £21 monthly plan. Called EE on 150 twice and seems like the agents are completely clueless as to what code 012 means or what the issue is. Even after telling them I have already paired and re-paired the watch, they send me a text instructing on how to pair my Apple Watch! Absolutely horrible customer service, especially after coming from Three. Is the problem only with Apple Watches that were bought directly from Apple? On Macrumors forum I have seen some people with EE contract that successfully activated their LTE feature on their new Apple Watches, so what's going on?

by
EE Employee

Hi @jmlondon and welcome to the community.

I have merged your comments into a current open topic in regards to your issue.

Have you spoken to customer services in regards to your error code?

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

@Lee_H forgive me, but is your role limited to asking if one was in touch with CS?

by jmlondon Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes. Trying again with them now

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Lee_H This may help! If I go to manage my device in my EE then click on manage group controls all the options for Apple Watch are turned off and cannot be changed??

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Lee_H This may help! If I go to manage my device in my EE then click on manage group controls all the options for Apple Watch are turned off and cannot be changed?

by
EE Employee

Hi @robdn

I do need to find out what has been done before I can offer any further advice.

Many thanks,

Lee

by retrospek Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So EE - when will this be resolved ?

I signed up to EE last week in preparation for this service.  Apple shipped the watches to us for use from today and have said you are the 'launch partner' in the UK.  But I now have a watch where I can't use the main functionality that comes with it (i.e LTE)....

As a launch partner I would have assumed everything would have been in place and tested.  But currently we are not being told how long we shall have to wait...  

Are we looking at a resolution within the next hour, days, or weeks ?  As I assume you must know what the issue is by now..

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.