cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`unable to determine if your iphone camera is genuine???!!!

PaulEE1970
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone any idea why my new iphone 13 pro max would suddenly do this, only had it a month, no drops, straight into a rhinoshield protective case and tempered glass cover etcetc.

Really hacked off about this!!!! 

34 REPLIES 34

@wardi EE have NOT lent me a phone, the apple store have. 

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Ah fair enough, good service from Apple then!

@mikeliuk No one is arguing about consumer law

I think the complication comes from the fact that the retail purchase of the mobile handset is tied to the mobile contract Plan which has a commitment period.

In the absence of the commitment period, it would be very easy to request a refund that cannot lawfully be refused, and the handset can be purchased from Apple or another retailer who provides good service.

Due to the commitment period, the safest option would be to request a handset replacement, should that be necessary, instead of requesting a refund.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

It's unclear whether the Consumer Rights Act 2015, s 20 Right to Reject (17) "The trader must not impose any fee on the consumer in respect of the refund" would cover the Early Termination Charge if it were to come to that.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/20/enacted

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk  and still your posts are about consumer law.    No one has said anything about what rights anyone has about a purchase and the time lengths involved.    I’ve been saying what @PaulEE1970  can do before any legal mattes even come in to it.     It’s not about what’s legal or not it’s about giving advice to the user to get the problem resolved before anyone has to even say what’s legal.    Inform them what they can do to resolve the issue that’s all you have to do.