cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 pro pre-order

Jackshaw2
Explorer

I made the decision to upgrade early to get the new iPhone 12 and I’m just wondering if EE can actually keep their promises to me about the phone being with me today (launch day) I made the order on the 17th of this month (early hours in the morning) the only update I’ve been given from EE was a e-mail on the 19th confirming the upgrade and delivery and text it was a link to show the status of what the phone is currently in, for a few days now it’s saying

Expected delivery date: Awaiting confirmation’

If a representative from EE can help me out with it will me much appreciated,

Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34

It could well be apples fault however I highly doubt that a company of apples worth and size would have any issues fulfilling an order for the “UKs BEST NETWORK” absolute shambles. I know everything going on in the world isn’t helping with deliveries etc but if you can’t give people what they pay for then just don’t take their money....

Considering the low number of posts on this topic I would suggest we few drew the short straw and most people got their new toys on time 

clydecruiser
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ordered Gold Pro 256Gb on on pre order launch day. When order email came it showed silver. Phoned the next day to get it changed. It arrived yesterday in fact first off the did van at 0830. Were you all the same colour?

Glad to hear you got yours mate! And I mines a Pacific Blue 256gb think the main issue was with this colour seems like anyone who ordered any other colour managed to get theirs!

Sent from my iPhone
clydecruiser
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I know the feeling from previous years. I will order a pro max in a couple of weeks. Blue was going to be the colour. Looking at this thread maybe not..

Now we know when EE says "Pre-Order now to receive your phone on Launch Day" really means "Pre-Order now and wait to hear from DPD 2-3 weeks later hopefully getting your phone, good luck"

I ordered Pro in gold. Still no text from DPD. Several calls to EE and they have no idea about a delivery date. 

Never will I ever order a brand new iPhone again 🙈

Don’t let it put you off ordering a new iPhone in thw future just don’t order it from the “UKs BEST NETWORK 5 years running.....”

Sent from my iPhone

I ordered my upgrade on launch day - the 256gb iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue.

Got a confirmation email stating that my order is on it's way. Including a mention that I should expect delivery on launch day...

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.55.27.png

Only to receive this on the Sunday, which I ignored as it looked like spam... 🙄 The English was terrible, it wasn't personalised in any way and I'm not a business customer which confused me even more... I always write of emails like this as illegitimate regardless of the sender email address.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.56.38.png

On launch day I called to chase up my order, only to find out that they tried to contact me regarding the phone insurance. No phone calls or anything, just this crummy email above that looked like spam.

I had a new order setup now it looks like the insurance terms and conditions were different between my iPhone XS and this iPhone 12 Pro... This could have easily been made clear on pre-order...

TLDR;

They massively screwed up comms, made little effort to contact me to resolve the issue and I'm now at the end of the queue with a new order number, still anxiously awaiting a delivery date which it sounds like could be multiple weeks. Really gutted and disappointed with EE, they could have easily sent out an email to apologise to customers citing supply issues.

I’ve just received a text from DPD to say that my delivery is tomorrow and to go on and select a 1 hour timeslot. Glad it’s coming however I ordered it for launch day as I was off that day I’m at work all day tomorrow and the only slots available are when I’m at work!