cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken seal

Kardy
Contributor
Contributor

So I upgraded to an iPhone 13 Pro Gold, only to find that my device had been opened and resealed! The delivery packet was sealed and unopened, but the state of the box is horrific to say the least, it has huge corner dents & one side of the top of the box is completely broken & created a flap!!!

I called and spoke to someone on the returns team who said I could only return the phone if it was faulty!!! I would have to return & cancel my upgrade & redo it if I wanted a new handset!! Apparently devices are opened to do software updates, so I was told, but the device I received hasn't even been updated to the latest operating system!!!!!!! I work for a leading mobile phone brand & rule number one is to NEVER open a handset box before it reaches a customer!!!!!! I have never seen anything like this in my life!! Absolutely disgusting customer service!!!

The box I received speak a THOUSAND words!!!!!!!!

20220401_124307.jpg20220401_124314.jpg20220401_125538.jpg20220402_160514.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Kardy 

This is normal as EE normally open the box before it is sent out. 

This looks like the box was crushed. Shabby delivery by DPD (no suprise). 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi @Northerner, thanks for the reply but I have to strongly disagree, it is definitely not a 'normal' practise to open a sealed box before it reaches a customer in any circumstance.

EE have no need to open boxes before it reaches a customer. If for any inconceivable reason they feel the need to open a box, it should be disclosed and not sold as a new. I've been with EE since they took over from T-Mobile and have upgraded a lot of phones in that time & have NEVER had an opened box.

A genuine question, if you had ordered something and recieved the box that condition, not to mention the screen protector being removed and replaced because it had large air bubbles underneath it, would you happily accept it as being normal & not be a bit annoyed?