cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why will my iPhone 11 on EE/TMobile not pick up 4G in a 4G area?

NRB
Explorer

I have an iPhone 11 on a SIM only plan. Network provider EE/TMobile. I recently travelled to an area with 4G, but my phone only got 3G, though my husband's, on the same plan but with an iPhone 6, got 4G.  Tried phoning EE, but couldn't stand the music while waiting!

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @NRB 

Is your network provider EE or T-Mobile?

T-Mobile only ever offered 3G services and has long since been closed down, and superceded by EE services which are delivered over the 4G network.

If you are on an EE SIM-only plan with a compatible phone, there's no reason you shouldn't receive 4G service. On the other hand, if you're on a T-Mobile plan, then I would recommend you look at an EE package that would allow you to access 4G coverage.

Thanks, that makes sense.However, I thought my account was with both of the providers (I know EE owns TMobile) as sometimes my phone shows EE rather than TMobile. I get my bills from EE. How do I check who my account is with, preferably without ringing 150 and waiting for ages with that awful music... I'm sure this is simple for someone a bit more savvy than me. I've looked on settings and it doesn't mention EE in my possible providers.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NRB,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What is your plan listed as on your bill?

Thanks

James

Text NUMBER to 150. It'll tell which network your plan belongs to.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)