cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from iPhone 14 to iPhone 15 and impact on Apple Watch cellular plan

tednol
Contributor
Contributor

I upgraded from an iPhone 14 Pro to an iPhone 15 Pro and received my new phone on Monday. As part of this I switched from an iPhone Full Works tariff to an All Rounder iPhone tariff. I also have a SIM only Apple Watch service on my account.

Migrating from the iPhone 14 to the iPhone 15 was seamless, and as part of that flow I moved the e-sim from my old device to my new device and moved my Apple Watch to my new device. Cellular connectivity on the iPhone 15 is fine, but now the cellular service on my Apple Watch is now completely borked. I'm getting a "Your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile service on your Apple Watch. Contact EE on 150 for more information" message.

Spoke to 150 last night and after 30 minutes, mainly spent on hold, I was told it's a known issue and to just keep trying. In the nicest possible way, this felt like being fobbed off. Is anyone else having similar difficulties?

37 REPLIES 37

I’ve had an eSIM for a long time now and never had an issue before now so I don’t think it’s a blanket eSIM issue. perhaps setting up a new Sim card has just cleared the line somehow. I’m definitely prepared to give this a go though. If I don’t get anywhere with EE next time I call them I’ll ask them to send me a physical SIM card and  see if it activates using that. 

Swilljockey
Explorer

Im in the same boat, upgraded from 13 to 15 max with eSIM and getting the same error message when trying to get data plan on my Ultra watch, really frustrating  as i use my watch when out rather than the need to take my phone and as now I've upgraded to a max its even worse, again they've "raised a ticket" and im made to wait

Legge33210
Explorer

Spoke to EE this morning as when i upgraded to the iPhone 15 pro max they had not updated my plan to the new one. They asked for the IMEI number under 'ESIM' in the settings on my phone, linked it to my plan and got told to wait a few hours which may solve my apple watch data issue. Few hours have passed and i now have the option to add data plan on my apple watch and has also activated.

This solved my issue but may not solve everyone's. May just be worth checking you are on the correct tariff / data plan that you selected when upgrading.

I just checked the watch > mobile service and the Set Up Mobile Servide button is not greyed out anymore. Upon clicking on it and selecting the Set Up Mobile Service another error comes up: Connection Failed: the connection to the server was lost, please try again later. 

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened but I just checked mine and it let me activate mobile data again! My WiFi calling is working too. 

I also spoke earlier today with an advisor, after reading Legge33210‘s comment about updating the IMEI number. While waiting on hold I went into the Mobile Service tab on the Watch app and noticed that the Set up Plan was no longer greyed out.

The advisor I spoke with was very helpful and after passing to her my watch EID number she was able to kick start it.

I got the message that the service has been activated and that it would be working within the next 4 hours. I guess they have applied some sort of configuration on their back end. 

EvilSmoothie
Contributor
Contributor

Can confirm mine is also fixed. Went to the watch app and allowed me to add the watch plan no issues at all. Activated and working within a few minutes. 

Swilljockey
Explorer

Yes mine is now fixed too.. happy days