cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iphone

Lou7826
Explorer

Hi I have called the centre 3 time and visited the EE store 2 time and you are unable to unlock my deceased brothers phone. I called today and was advised I can’t raise a complaint as I’m not a account holder with you and because I can’t pass DPA on my deceased brother account they will not raise a complaint there either! Surprised to be even asked DPA on a deceased account to start with! Then was informed by a manger that EE can legally continue to keep the phone lock until Dec 2021 because that’s when the law changed and they then have to do it! Am appalled that such a company like EE would do this!! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leanne_T in apple - All 5 times I’ve asked they say 10 working days and you will receive an email to unlock which has never happened! It’s an iPhone 7 Plus and is older than 3 year as that’s how long it been since he passed away. Due to him passing his account is closed. Would really appreciate any help since I’ve got no where so far 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lou7826 

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. 

Did the team say why the device could not be unlocked, is this under 6 months? 

Has the account been closed? 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Leanne.

Leanne_T in apple - All 5 times I’ve asked they say 10 working days and you will receive an email to unlock which has never happened! It’s an iPhone 7 Plus and is older than 3 year as that’s how long it been since he passed away. Due to him passing his account is closed. Would really appreciate any help since I’ve got no where so far 

Leanne_T

Hi @Lou7826

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I've sent you a private message on the community to help you further 🙂

Speak soon.

Leanne.

BrightonPierre
Explorer

My iPhone is locked and i cannot unlock it. I have the IMEI code but I am  travelling in Europe currently so it will not work. HELP!

Katie_B

Hello @BrightonPierre

Have you been able to try processing your unlock by using this online form?

Katie

BrightonPierre
Explorer

Hi Katie B, Yes I have. No luck. It says my phone has been unlocked on my laptop but the actual phone says try again in an hour!

@BrightonPierre   A phone being network locked doesn’t mean it’ll not work abroad unless you are using a different network SIM card.   If your using the  EE sim and you are a contract customer you need roaming enabled on your EE account in order to connect to a local network.