cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number not saving iphone / not able to use package

icklelucy23
Explorer

Hi. I bought a pack and ported my number. Customer services acknowledged the pack is showing the right number but I am unable to get the phone to work. It won't let me save the new number on the iphone 7. I have:

- turned imessages and facetime off, turned phone off for ten minutes and turned back on

- new number is there but keeps buffering

- if I join wifi the old settings reappear

- I have also reset network setting but need to join wifi to do anything as it just buffers

- I have topped up £5 via the website to see if that helps but despite the website saying I have £5 credit when I text BALANCE it says zero 

- customer services says I have the right number connected to the package

- BUT when I ring from another number it rings for the SIM number (hence the one linked to the iphone) but the new number 'calls to this number are not being connected. If you've dialled correctly it means this number is not available from this network. This person's phone is currently unavailable' 

I'm at a loss! Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@icklelucy23  Number ports do not happen over the weekend.     It’ll be started on Monday and completed by Tuesday. 

You can not port the number yourself by just putting it on the device.   Did you give your PAC code to EE to mitigate your number? 

Thanks Chris. I did it on 20th September though, customer services confirmed the package shows / is linked to the new number