cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone is faulty, EE customer service can’t replace?

Mannion09
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I got a new iPhone 15 pro on 11th December (6 days ago) I’ve had some issues with the device freezing/restarting and overheating.

I called EE customer services to ask for a replacement device as I believe this one is faulty.

They said that because I’m on a “flex plan”, they are unable to replace my device. Despite it clearly being faulty.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks, Danny.

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did you purchase the phone through a retail store, or via online/telesales?

If a retail store, your point of return would be that shop. I'm not aware of any reason why a Flex plan should have any different warranty rights than any other online purchase, it may be worth calling back and seeing if another agent advises the same.

If not, there may be some "confusion" with CS' advice.

Thank you for the reply 

It was purchased via phonecall, just my usual upgrade phonecall and they advised the flex plan.  I can’t see why it would be an issue myself, surely I have the same consumer rights as anyone else whatever plan I choose? 

@Mannion09   I recommend you call again,  regardless of what tariff your on you still entitled to a replacement if the device is faulty.    There is nothing in the documents to suggest that you don’t have the right to a replacement if the device is faulty on a flex payment tariff.    

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I recently changed to a Flexplan and have reviewed the documentation I accepted at the time. I can see no reference to any warranty complications, and thus would suspect some CS "confusion".

See also https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/fix-problem/i-have-a-problem-with-my-device 

BadApples
Visitor

Hi Danny , 

I suggest heading to Apple Store , they will replace your phone . 
I normally go to the Apple Store without going through the mobile provider and Apple fix the phone in a same day . 

bradster
Investigator
Investigator

normally they can do an exchange of a faulty device within 30 days of purchase provided you haven't damaged or dropped it and are covered under the manufacturer's warranty as well.