cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone still not working after 2 repairs and multiple resets over last 3-4 weeks

PaulEE1970
Contributor
Contributor

So, long story short.

Iphone 13 pro max lost all cellular signal one day, thought it was a local issue and turned it off and on again, back to normal.

This happened 5 or 6 times over the next few days until finally it didnt work and there was no cellular and a warning saying that phone needed an update and there was a problem with sending and receiving messages and phone calls.
I followed advice on apple website, backed up, wiped, reinstalled ios etc etc to no avail. 
Swapped out sims to eliminate that, it wasnt the sim, mine worked in wifes iphone, hers didn't work in mine. 

Took it to apple who said that there was a failure of the antenna itself and needed physical replacement.

Took phone to local ee shop, told them all the above, gave them a copy of apples report, sent for repair, got it back working yay! For about 5 days then same thing but repair failed. 

Back to ee who after 90 mins of talking to customer services and a technician trying all sorts over the phone failed so had to go for another repair this time with it specified to replace antenna. Off it went and came back working but nothing in the paperwork about the antenna being replaced and its not noted in the service schedule in the iphone settings itself, so I have no confidence that it's actually been done.

Now, repair 2 has also failed within 6 days of picking it up, same cycle, even with ee on twitter DM's telling me how to reset this that and the other and this has again resulted in the same cycle of turning off and on again for cellular to work but of course last night and this morning the triangle is back, no cellular and just keeps searching. 

Im paying £70 a month for an iphone 13 pro max which has been off for 2 repairs, obviously failed, Im at a point where I don't know what to do now before seeking legal advice as consumer law is on my side ie that a product should be of servicable quality etc considering its just over a year old and in otherwise good condition. I'd really like a replacement but think Im going to have to explore small claims court at this point. 😞

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PaulEE1970 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this problem with your phone, even after two repairs. Have you spoken to our technical support team since the second one? If not, I would definitely recommend it so they can look into your options with you.

Chris

I have in fact I went back to the store to complain again and sit in until something was done about it. Manager was quite unprofessional telling me he'd been disturbed from his conference call (sorry for being a customer needing help with a nearly one month old issue you've failed to resolve.) He wasn't happy and in the end refused to serve me and called security! I stood my ground explained the situation, security were happy I wasn't being abusive etc but the manager was obviously annoyed for some reason and very unprofessional.

Anyway, after another 90 minutes on the phone to customer services, a chat with yet another technician who said it had to go for a THIRD repair I escalated to their manager who's agreed a replacment phone which arrived yesterday. 
I really cannot wait for my contract to end in December so I can have nothing to do with EE ever again!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PaulEE1970 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. 

Thanks for coming back and updating us and letting us know you have received a replacement phone. If you need any further help please let us know. 

Thanks.

Leanne.