cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE service has fallen dramatically since I joined.

test123456456
Investigator
Investigator

I have had to spend hours (And I DO MEAN HOURS) on-line on chats or phone calls recently with EE.
It all started when a customer retentions agent made some adjustments to my plans.
The first guy didn't do it right.  I called back then next day.. that agent also made changes.

I thought everything was fine until I tired to call from my cellular Apple Watch a few weeks later (I rarely do this, because I Have my phone with me normally).   Then I realise they had broken the cellular service on both mine, and my wife's watch.   We'd been paying for a sim that clearly wasn't now connected to our watches... and this was to save a couple of quid.  I have spent at least 4 hours trying to get people to solve this through EE.

What a bunch of Charlies!

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @test123456456,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Can you see your data plan in the Apple Watch app?

James

I have managed to get through to EE.
I am able to cancel the 2 plans that aren’t doing anything because no device is using them, and I have re-setup one of the watches by simply buying a new plan. I can’t do the other watch yet because I have 5 plans on my account (until 2 of them complete the cancellation process). until then I will get a 007 error.
But this whole debacle has been a salutary lesson in letting anyone mess with a working system to save a few quid.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse brevity, spelling, and punctuation errors.
Leanne_T

Thanks for the update @test123456456 

Let us know how you get on once the watch plans have been removed and you try and set up again. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

They have NOT been removed. I was told to wait 72 hours. So I have waited a week. The plans  are still there!!

Does anyone at EE have a freaking clue as to what they are doing?

Christopher_G

I'm sorry to hear that, @test123456456 

I suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team again so they can check what's happening with this.

Chris

I have finally gotten someone to remove 2 e sim plans that were not connected to our Apple Watches

Even though I was already told that this was done, and to wait 72 hours.  That was total nonsense.

I was charged for these (2 esims) by the way (cheek of it!), and I have been told that they cannot reimburse me for 2 e-sims that were NOT doing anything, and I was wandering around assuming they were connected to our watches.. I only found out when I tried to use my watch as a phone (having left my real phone at home).   I have managed to add one NEW esim to my watch.  But my wife's Apple Watch will not download a new esim.  

What a right royal debacle... To say its been a fiasco from beginning to end is an understatement.

Its still not right... I have to phone someone at EE again probably tomorrow.

What I can tell people is this.. if you get called by retentions and they suggest saving money on your sims for your watches for heavens sake DO NOT take them up on it..   you will spend HOURS trying to correct it.