Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch way too overpriced

Lucascsantos
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know about a scam/overpricing about Apple watch SE I don't know id it's only for this but I'm guessing it for any other items you want to buy.

So I was planning on buying the APPLE WATCH SE as my previous smartwatch broke and I was looking to get an Apple watch. So I did all the research and chose which one and since I don't have the money to buy one in a big lump. So I decided that I was going to do via pay monthly with EE.

But I was still thinking if I should buy it as its not a necessity in these tough times so I decided to check the official Apple store for the price to see how much I would be paying more at EE.

Don't get me wrong I know that EE has to make a profit and that's how it works but I was surprised.

Official Apple store: £299

EE Finance: £20 per month for 24 months = £480

I don't know if I am being ridiculous but I find this crazy. 

Does anyone agree?

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Is this a cellular edition.

If so the price needs to pay for the tariff as well.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I guess so, but i already have a plan with EE

r3id
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Don't see it being over priced really, I think its pretty reasonable.

GPS + Cellular Watch series 6 - £509 without a data plan. This doesn't include any interest you may pay if you pay by financing, or credit card.

EE on the £28 /m plan is £672 in total over 24 months.

Which means you're paying about £7 a month for shared data plan, then £21 goes to pay off the watch.

You have a phone plan.

The watch need its own plan as well of it's a cellular watch. This needs paying for.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
r3id
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You can have an unpaired plan (Family Member plan) which has its own data and number.

However the better way to do it is to have a paid plan (Personal Paired plan) so you share you phones data etc.

The only caveat as EE states, "You'll need iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or above on our EE network with either a SIM only or a pay monthly plan to connect your watch." This would be the same with other network providers too.