cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 6

Stephen03
Visitor

I see EE are doing an unpaired version of the series 6 does that mean it will work on any network?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stephen03   The unpaired watch is basically a phone on your wrist. It’ll have its own call and text allowance and obviously a data allowance.  You’ll still be in a contract for that watch on EE. 

as with all Apple Watch’s it’s not locked to EE and will work on any network  that supports the Apple Watch.  

Danbhardy
Investigator
Investigator

You need an EE phone for original pairing and it needs to be a separate Apple ID if on a different network. 

I’m on BT Mobile and got given a 6 with this new family member plan. I’m still trying to get it sorted to work fully with my phone and Apple ID. 

@Danbhardy  It’ll only work with Bluetooth via your phone. it will not work as a stand alone device if someone calls your phone and your phone isn’t with you.  The only way this could work is if you forward your calls to the watch.  

But the whole point of this tariff and sim is it’s supposed to work independently of the phone 😞

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Danbhardy,

Your watch will work independently of the phone, but with its own phone number. It isn't possible to link it to your phone service with another provider.

Thanks

James