cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 7

Iggy911
Explorer

Hello,

I'm just thinking of getting my first Apple Watch.

Been iPhone since iPhone 3, but never had a smart watch.

My question is;

I'd like a series 7 stainless steel or titanium, but only want WIFI connection & bluetooth via my phone. I know the aluminum version comes with the option of WIFI only or WIFI & cellular, but the stainless steel & titanium don't have the option of just WIFI.

So can I permanently disable the cellular connection on the series 7 watch?

Thanks

Iggy911

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Iggy911   Are you looking at getting it from EE ?  If you are you’ll pay more for it as you have to purchase the data allowance that comes with a cellular watch from a network provider.  You’ll get it cheaper from Apple if you just want a Wi-Fi only Apple Watch.     If you get the watch you want from Apple you don’t have to have a cellular connection on it and you can use it just a Wi-Fi only watch. 

Thanks Chris,

So if I buy from Apple, I can just buy the watch which will work with WIFI & bluetooth via my phone & I don't then have cellular as I just don't pay for it?

Cheers

Iggy911

@Iggy911  You don’t have to to have cellular on it if you get it from apple you can use it as a none cellular watch.  If you do decide to have cellular on it you can still have it and it’ll be £7 per month on a 30 day rolling contract.  You’ll get 10Gb of data per month for it.  You just set this up via the watch app.  

Just to point out if you do get one of the stainless steel or titanium watches the only difference is it stainless steel or titanium and you’re paying a high price for it compare to over the aluminium watches.  

greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The premium watches also have a sapphire crystal display which is more scratch resistant than the ion x glass which comes on the aluminium models so the case material isn’t the only difference

If you buy from Apple you don’t need to sign up to a cellular plan at all even if the watch supports cellular. The option is there if you want it but to be honest unless you’re a keen jogger there’s not many use cases where having the cellular connection on the watch is worth having as 99% of the time you will have your phone with you as well as the watch