cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade a smart benefit?

JoH25
Visitor

Is it possible to pay the difference and upgrade my Apple Music smart benefit to a family account?? Can’t find any answers on the FAQ pages. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JoH25  No you can not do that the Apple Music family plan is only available via Apple and a single subscription is available via your smart benefit or apple you can not offset one against the other. 

greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It is possible to upgrade some of the smart benefits. I have Netflix as one of mine and pay a bit extra to upgrade it to the ultimate plan. Unfortunately there’s no way to do the same with Apple Music. 

Depending on if you are subscribed to other Apple services you may want to consider signing up to an Apple One plan with Apple and changing your smart benefit with EE to something else

@greenbadger  But that’s a minimum of £19.95 when this is just about a family subscription to Apple Music which is £9.99.  

greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Or even £14.99 for the family plan of Apple Music 😂

Which makes Apple One worth considering depending what other services the OP has from Apple like I said in my post

@greenbadger  which is a single user subscription but as clearly defined in the opening post it’s a family music subscription not a personal one.   So in order to retain a family subscription is £19.95. 

greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Chris_B I’ll give you some benefit of the doubt as I edited my post for clarity which may have crossed with your post. But you’re still wrong as the family plan for Apple Music is £14.99 and not £9.99 as you incorrectly stated

But by all means keep digging

@greenbadger  Sorry your right.   Ether way it’s about using EE subscription to offset the family plan with you can not do.