cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch problem downloading the eSIM

andresurena
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I've been trying to Setup my Apple Watch Series 8 Cellular with my EE account but I keep on getting the same error message over the past week:

Your Smart Watch has had a problem downloading the eSIM, click "Done" below to try the download again.
It can take up to 4 hours. Your phone will notify you when the activation is complete.

Technical Customer Support told me to keep trying as they've been having this issue since March 2023… I know Apple Watches are tricky and more often than not is a silly setting within the company account to get it working…

Both iPhone and Watch are up-to-date, my account is a Monthly Plan, and it should be able to link, can someone help me on this?

IMG_7113.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
LouF1623
Visitor

Same thing currently happening to me 😞 is it an EE issue? Any tips on what I should do? 

It could be an EE issue, you have to keep trying and they will escalate this. However after 3 attempts with the Apple Store, in the end they had to replace it as Apple also knows this to be a known issue. Apple had to replace my watch. It was first sent off and then returned stating nothing is wrong with the watch but then the manager of the Genius Bar took a look again and could clearly see it’s not working so he escalated this further. They sent back a product brand new not refurbished but brand new. I think it’s called a customer satisfaction or something 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LouF1623 

Do you have a pay monthly account and have purchased an Apple Watch? 

Are you getting an error message when completing the cellular set up? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi, wrote a very thorough step by step on an earlier comment. Check it out! All the best!

um4ng
Visitor

Hi,

I had the same problem and would like to share how it was resolved.

The problem was that the e-sims on the account had all been deleted and my watch Eid had not been associated to the account. A phone call to 2nd line support allowed them to add in the EID and "setup mobile data" worked and activated within 5 minutes.