cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch and EE... The saga continues.

r3id
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So after a 5 week wait for the Stainless steel watch, confusing stock statuses, giving up waiting, complaining to EE, and then going with Nike Series 6 instead the saga continues. You just could not make this up.

Well I got my Nike Apple Watch on Monday, went to set it up and it had been put on a standalone plan, not paired. After chatting to support it was escalated up to the device team - with a 3 day turn around - to change the plan to a paired plan.

So I now  have an Apple Watch in a GPS state as I can not use the cellular plan I am currently paying for! I really dunno what's happening with EE these days, maybe its down to COVID and the effect its had on the company. I don't know. But it shouldn't really matter. 

For a communications company, they are having some fundamental flaws in their communications.

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @r3id,

I'm sorry to hear your watch has been activated on the wrong plan.

Is someone from our devices team going to call you back once they have resolved the issue?

James

r3id
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_B well someone should call by tomorrow, but I was hoping to get it sorted out sooner rather than later. 

I did email my complaints person on Monday to explain what happened, she said she would call me on Wed to discuss if I was still having any issues. 

Just after being a long term customer (8-9 years), I'm not really feeling that valued to be honest.

Similar situation here.

Ordered S6 Steel 44m on 27th Sept and nothing yet.

Spoke to customer service today and they still have no idea when more stock will come.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @l3udddz

Thanks for coming to the community.

Apple Watch Series 6 back orders are being dispatched on a first come, first serve basis as stock arrives from Apple. 

You'll receive a text message from DPD with tracking information as soon as your delivery slot has been confirmed.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Is that really the case tho? I ordered on the morning of 17th sep and still waiting! All people on these forums claiming to have received their watches from orders placed after 17th are lying?? 🤔

r3id
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

that’s why I gave up and went with the Nike version instead. Fed up with waiting and then not knowing, and the constant scripted messages were not helpful at all.

I would guess COVID has had slightly more impact on the supply chains that we realised. But Apple will make sure their stores and direct customers get the watches first, followed by partners. Then stock will get allocated to partners, like EE.