cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra: Unable to set up mobile service

SRUSOC11
Explorer

Hi All

I have recently transferred my mobile phone service to EE business on a SIM only deal, using an eSIM on my iPhone 13 Pro Max (purchased from Apple).  I also own an Apple Watch Ultra which too was purchased from Apple.  One of the primary reasons for my switch to EE was the desire to utilise the mobile data functionality of the Apple Watch and this has so far been unsuccessful.

Whilst pairing the phone and watch is fine, when it comes to the Mobile Service Setup I am presented with a page with an EE header stating,

“Your Apple Watch plan is still activating.  It usually takes up to 4 hours to activate.  To check if you are activated please go to >My Watch App>Mobile Data.  If the Watch app still shows activating, you are almost there!

If Watch App doesn’t show as activating, we need to help finish the setup.  Call us on 150 with code 030.

You can carry on using your phone while the activation is in progress.  Click finish to close this page.”

In eventually getting through to a friendly first line support analyst, she walked me through a script to re-pair the watch and phone which result in no change.

Please can anyone suggest how best to solve this?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

I'm having the same problem. Have been paying for an apple watch plan for over a year and no cellular service. I just finished chatting with an agent who asked me repeatedly if I've unpaired and paired my watch. Yes - that's what I've been trying for a year while paying over £30 a month for the watch. When I spelled out each error message that I got - I was just ignored. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @jazzy99

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry that your message was not picked up by Live Chat. 

Have you been able to try again?

Katie

Silverfoxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Any further updates on this issue, I’ve just tried today to add a watch to my plan and told by tech support there is an issue with certain customers and no fix is currently available.

Then tried to get me to upgrade my phone as it may solve the issue, lol. 
What an absolute mess from a large company. 

Malcole1977
Visitor

having the same issue, £44 a month for a watch that i cannot use is ridiculous

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Malcole1977

Welcome to the community. 

Did you purchase your watch direct with EE?

Katie

Silverfoxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Basically I had the same issue as others I managed to find online that I had more than one account set up with the same email, 5 to be exact, tech deleted the 4 old ones and then I logged in through the watch app and all done. 

Thanks EE team.