cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 3 mobile data

benhill92
Visitor

I bought an Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular from Apple, and I am unable to connect it to mobile data. My iPhone is an 11, and I have a Pay Monthly plan. When I try connect it to mobile data using the Watch app on my iPhone, I get a message saying "Your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact EE at 150 for more information". I called EE and was told that I would not be able to connect my Apple Watch to mobile data as it is a Series 3 - does this sound right? Can only Series 5 and 6 connect to mobile data with EE?

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@benhill92   As long as your a contract customer you can use a series 3 with cellular.  Your being lied too. I recommend you call again and ask for the Apple Watch team. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @benhill92

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Did you manage to get sorted out? 

Chris

Honeybeeandbear
Investigator
Investigator

I’m having the same issue, just says unable to activate!

Katie_B

Good Morning @Honeybeeandbear

Are you a pay monthly EE customer?

Did you purchase the watch direct from EE?

Katie 🙂

Hi! Pay monthly yes with unlimited data, bought the watch second hand. Can you help? 😊

Katie_B

I would love to try @Honeybeeandbear

At what stage do you receive the error message?

Katie 🙂

BCC81085-3B8B-448F-B0C8-6879377AA0FC.png

I click set up mobile data on the watch app and this message comes up every time...thanks

Katie_B

Hi @Honeybeeandbear

If you continue to receive this error message I would recommend giving us a call so our customer care team can help further. 

Katie 🙂

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm getting the same message, and spoke to EE tech support time and time again (hours I'll never get back) getting passed from one tier to the next. I've factory reset, turned on and off, even ported my number into a fresh EE account. All to get this apple watch working - and still can't do it. You will not believe this, but for over a year - paying a monthly fee for literally nothing other than me calling for hours repeating myself