Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple News Plus Free - Six months free

AJ2023
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Apple News+ on EE | Entertainment on EE | EE

Above link says Apple News+ is Free for six month and Text NEWSPLUS to 150 so I did and received a link to redeem the code.

However, the link is not working, it says 'We are sorry, the offer you're trying to access is no longer active. Please try again later'. After trying few times, I called EE customer service. They agree that offer is there but they don't know why it's not working, phone was disconnected.

I called Apple customer service who very kindly looked into their database and said that they haven't got any such codes from  EE (6 month's free trial for News plus) and I need to go back to EE.

So called EE again, was transferred to tech dept who said they don't have a clue but will look into it and call me next day. Next day after waiting, I contacted EE again, this time a rude advisor, who said she can't help and there is nothing can be done in this case, that have sent the link and that's it.

I have received that redeem link from EE but they can't help now.... even though EE sent me that link... Not sure what to say and do as I have already contacted EE 3 times and apple as well. I have never subscripted Apple news before.

Very disappointed with EE. 

41 REPLIES 41
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AJ2023 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. Have you tried opening the link on another device or browser? Please also try both on WiFi and mobile data.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Thanks @Christopher_G 

I have tried Safari and google.co.uk browser but it's same message 'We're sorry, the offer you're trying to access is no longer active. Please try again later'. I have tried it using mobile data and with/without Wifi but same message. Tried it on my mobile and laptop as well but no joy.

AJ2023_1-1697472408865.png

As I mentioned before, I did contact Apple customer service and they explained that businesses like EE and others bulk buy this kind of subscription(s) and pass it to their customers. Advisor also checked their promotional database (I gave them the link and there is a promo code embedded) and they can't find that code and if fact, they don't have any 6 month's NEWS PLUS promo codes for EE which can be redeemed. They asked me to contact EE.

I contacted EE three times but they said they can't do anything with this, it's frustrating that EE issues promo codes which are not even valid/exists with Apple. I give 101% to Apple for giving me honest advise whilst EE just washed their hand (even the code is issued by them). I wanted to redeem this offer on my iPhone (bought from EE, still in contract) and never subscribed any Apple services before.

IMG_0150.jpeg

Yeah I have the same offer and have had for a while now but like you every time I try to redeem, it also says offer no longer active for me too. It’s been in add on for months saying 6 months free. If there is no offer it shouldn’t be there.  

IMG_0149.png

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Christopher_G

It's definitely still an offer with us, @AJ2023. I've sent you a private message to get some information from you. Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Sim58
Investigator
Investigator

Same issue as described above. Just signed up to EE, offer includes 6 months free Apple Music (works) and Apple News which keeps saying that the offer is no longer active.

Thanks

Simone

Katie_B

Hi @Sim58.

I have sent you a private message for some more information. 

Katie

Hi Katie,

Any update on this? 
Thanks

Simone

I got the offer not available message today for Apple News plus and I have a family broadband and mobile account with EE. Please can you send me the info to get this offer working, thank you.

Leanne_T

Hi @RR_ 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you had the offer before on the same number? 

What device are you using? 

Leanne.