Win an amazing tech bundle worth up to £2.5k
by
EE Community Team

Power Bars – taking a power pause

[ Edited ]

EE Help

UPDATE (16/12/2015): IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE REGARDING EE POWER: PLEASE CLICK HERE

UPDATE 16/07/2015: Quick update everyone. The incredible thirst for Power Bars has continued and as a result our latest batch of has now run out. While we work on replenishing our stock levels, we’re pausing the issue of Power Bar codes from Friday 17th July. New ones are on their way and we’ll text you the moment they arrive. Don't worry, if you've already got a code you can still your text in-store.

ORIGINAL POST: We're delighted by the incredible response for Power Bars from our customers, with one million requests in just four days. We had five times more requests in the first 24 hours of the promotion than even the most popular smartphone launch in the UK and visits to store were up as much as 300% over the weekend.

While we fulfil the requests we’ve already taken, we're taking a short ‘power pause’ to replenish stock. More Power Bars are on their way for our second release at the end of June. If customers text in now, they will be advised to text back from 8am on June 24th – there will be no charge for these texts if no code is received.

For those that already have a code:
We are aware that some stores ran out of stock over the weekend due to the demand and are sorry for any inconvenience. In order to meet demand of the first million requests we’re moving around stock to our busiest stores, so your local store should have a Power Bar available this week. If you have a code, we have a Power Bar for you.

For those that have already received their Power Bar the in-store swap scheme is now up and running to ensure our customers stay powered up.

Miles
EE Community team
93 REPLIES
by
Ace Contributor

Re: Power Bars – taking a power pause

Hello, and welcome,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear there will be some more in the future.Smiley HappySmiley Wink

by
Explorer

HI there I texted last week and received no code and tried again this morning and just received message saying goes try again in june. I feel cheated and frustrated
by
Visitor

How do you send In a text
by
Ral
Visitor

I've never used a power bar before i really would like to try one I can leave the charger at home for once I would like to buy one.
by
Ace Contributor

[ Edited ]
You will all have to wait until June, read the post properly, the answer in the first post. Here is the link how to do the text,but wait until they are in stock again:

http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/EE-Community-Blog/EE-Power-A-free-power-bar-for-all-customers-with-unli...
by

Who do we text
by
Legend

by
Visitor

Is it just me but if you are going to offer this to every ee customer , wouldn't it be a good idea to order in enough for everyone of your customers?
by
Legend

" We had five times more requests in the first 24 hours of the promotion than even the most popular smartphone launch in the UK and visits to store were up as much as 300% over the weekend."

That's a lot or request and store visits up 300% how many should they have got ????
by

I got a code last Thursday at midday and I went first thing in the morning the next day.  My local store in Brentwood said it had ran out of stock and to come back Tuesday.  I have come back now and they say they have no stock and they don't know when they will have them,. Then, when challenged by other customers also wanting their power bars, they said "I can't magically produce one, so I'm sorry I can't help you".Very rude.  Someone suggested ordering them, and they said they cannot do that.  Great.  What are we supposed to do now?  I can't go  round EE shops looking for bars.  Any response from EE to this?

by
Valued Contributor

I think its staggering the number of these power bars that are now on Ebay when so many customers can't get hold of one

by
Legend

But the thing is the people selling them have to return one after this promotion ends.
by

Hi,

I have texted on 2nd April and have not received any code yet.

Thanks,
Lokesh

by

That's no good you should know how many customers you have so you should have been ready
by
Legend

" We had five times more requests in the first 24 hours of the promotion than even the most popular smartphone launch in the UK and visits to store were up as much as 300% over the weekend."

How many should they of got ?

How long is a piece of string
by
Visitor

My local store has them in stock when I went in today so I sent a text only to receive a reply telling me to wait till 24th June.

They are in stock. Why should I have to wait till 24th of June to resend a text when they are in stock. I will guess that they will be out of stock on 24th June.

Well done EE great launch and great customer service with the power bar. (NOT).
by
Explorer

Going to EE store tomorrow and hope they have it in stock. Got a code on friday, but i guess it first come first serve on codes.
by
Explorer

It's because the stock ones are for all people who has codes. So all those 1millon. 

by

I had a code within the first few days of the release, went in 2 days after I recived my code and none there until June!
I weren't exactly happy as I really needed one too. Hope I get one this time! Glad there's more!!
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions