cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one plus 8t signal

dnbkittie
Explorer

Hi, I bought this from one OP a few weeks ago. I am having intermittent problems with signal on 4G on EE. The signal will drop to nothing and then it won't come back again until I restart. But it doesn't happen all the time that it drops. Could it be a version of the phone that's the problem, or with EE? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@dnbkittie  it’s probably the version of that phone is causing the problem as EE don’t support that device i.e. sell it.     But can you try your sim in a different device as you need to test the sim. 

Hi, yeah it works in my other device. I moved from BT to EE not long ago. But before that was with EE again. I haven't had a phone contact (ie with phone from EE) with EE for years and years. Always bought my phone's separately and never encountered a problem. Just with this phone!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dnbkittie

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If the SIM card works in another device and the signal doesn't drop, I would suggest getting in touch with the manufacturer to get this looked into. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Had no problems with EE for the past 6 months with the Oneplus 8T but all of a sudden having drastic dropouts for hours non location or time dependent.

I had just updated my phone to Android 12 and now I cannot reset to previous version.

EE do you support Android 12 on Oneplus 8T? or can suggest something to resolve.

Many thanks,

Michael

@mikeylaw54  The firmware on your device has nothing to do with EE and provided your device uses the bandwidth that EE uses you can use any device you choose.      It sounds like your new firmware might need to be reinstalled on the device as it’s possible it could be corrupt. 

Thanks Chris,

I've managed to roll back to android 11 and all the issued have gone away..

serial
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue....  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @serial,

What issues are you experiencing with your phone?

James

SonOfBelushi
Investigator
Investigator

Hello all, 

I've had the 8T for 18 months or so and when I had a 4G sim I had no issues at all. I moved to a 5G sim-only contract about 3 months ago, seemed fine, then the Android 12 update...

Since that, my phone is prone to completely losing mobile connectivity if I'm not at home, just an empty signal bar and an "x" next to it. Wi-fi is fine. The more I move around, the more likely/often it loses connection. Switching airplane mode on/off doesn't bring it back, I have to restart the phone, currently about 5 times a day. 

For anyone else having this issue, my experience is that when I use the same sim in my backup phone (a cheap RealMe) and replicate the conditions that cause the 8T to glitch, I do not lose connectivity. Have resigned myself to saying goodbye to the handset. Pity, it was fine for a long time.