Established Contributor

How do I put music on my phone? I have both a Mac and a pc

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

it depends on where your music is

if you use apple music you can download via the app, but it will constantly be re-downloading and always gets stuck.

If you have music stored in YT Music (migrated after Google Play Music closed) you can do similar.

you could also share your music folder on your mac/pc and install an app on your mobile called 'fx explorer', this will let you connect to a shared folder on your network and you can just copy the files across to your phone.

Only issue is that the apple music app won't let you see music already on your phone, but the YT Music app will, you just need to enable it in the settings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @NorthTower.

Have you tried using Apple Music?

Apple Music will be the default music service on an iMac and an iPhone.

What phone are you using?

Jon

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

it depends on where your music is

if you use apple music you can download via the app, but it will constantly be re-downloading and always gets stuck.

If you have music stored in YT Music (migrated after Google Play Music closed) you can do similar.

you could also share your music folder on your mac/pc and install an app on your mobile called 'fx explorer', this will let you connect to a shared folder on your network and you can just copy the files across to your phone.

Only issue is that the apple music app won't let you see music already on your phone, but the YT Music app will, you just need to enable it in the settings.

NorthTower
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

All my music is on CDs that I would copy on to my PC, and then to the phone, presumably?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NorthTower,

That's right, you'd need to transfer the CD's onto your PC's hard drive before you can move them to your phone.

James

Connect your phone to your PC by USB & new drive will appear on the PC, being your phone. Using the PC's File  Manager you can copy files in the PC to your phone, e.g. to the Music folder.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)